Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Breaking Through the Fear.

Well, I have officially stopped procrastinating because I now have my first chapter down on paper. No title as yet but you can't have everything and I always find them the hardest bit of any story. It is unofficially, 'Doormat to Clodhopper in Ten Steps'.

I knew I was missing something before I could start and it turned out that the something was a lovely new notebook with a red stilletto across the front cover for drafting. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm very fussy about the notebooks I write in. The have to be A5 or bigger (but never as big as A4), hard back and ringbound with lined paper, preferably faintly, with something lovely on the cover. My favourite scribbling book at the moment has a dalmation puppy on it. Things like this shouldn't matter but they do. (To me anyway).

Anyway, I have popped a word counter on the side of my blog to keep me motivated, and see it creep up towards the magic 80,000. 990 so far, but you have to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations. Don't worry about the title. It will come to you. Mine came after browsing the bookstore one day, and taking account of all the titles that seemed attractive to me and made me want to open the book.

As for notebooks, I don't have such specific requirements, as long as they are pretty and don't have plastic covers. Actually, the three that I use right now (journal, organizer and ideas for the current project) are leather bound: one pink, one red, one brown. Oh, how I love my notebooks!