Monday, March 16, 2009

The Novel

After a year of thinking about it, I am finally going to start preparing to write my first novel. I have two stories in mind and have not quite decided which direction to go in.

Today I have bought two scrap books to fill with anything that relates to my characters and themes and a lot of coloured index post its to plan with. Part of me is very excited about actually starting to plan on paper and the other half thinks I am procrastinating. Is this just an excuse to read endless magazines/newspapers and cut things out, creating my fantasy world? I am too scared to start without actually knowing my characters inside out (wallpaper inclusive) and having a decent idea of where I'm going.

Any advice from those who have got through the wall of starting their first book would be very welcome.

No comments: